The Principal of our firm is Peter Brown who is an accredited family law specialist.  Peter has been practising in Burleigh Heads since his admission as a solicitor in 1990 and specialising in family law since 1997.

He received his accreditation as a Family Law Specialist from the Queensland Law Society in 2001.

Peter is well supported in his role with assistance from our other two solicitors Nikolina Santro and Lia Heugh as well as our other support staff. Peter and his team have assisted many clients with their family law requirements over the years and we find the majority of our new clients come by way of word of mouth, referrals and recommendations. The Browns Lawyers team aims to guide all our clients through the maze of family law so that the best results possible are achieved.

The best place to start is with an initial consultation which will help you understand your rights, options and any costs involved in resolving your matter.

Some of the common reasons for a family law consultation can be to seek assistance:

  • following the break-up of a marriage or de facto relationship.
  • when commencing a new relationship and you are seeking to protect your existing assets.
  • if you are having issues with your child’s father/mother.
  • if you have been refused the opportunity to visit with your grandchildren.
  • in filing for divorce.
  • when you have paternity questions.
  • arranging Consent Orders for a financial settlement.
  • in the preparation of Parenting Consent Orders or Parenting Plans.
  • arranging Superannuation Splitting Orders.

Peter, our other solicitors and support staff will all provide you with caring and personalised service to help you resolve your family issue as soon as possible.

Some of the areas we can assist you in include:

  • Divorce
  • Property settlement
  • De facto / same sex relationships
  • Binding Financial (Pre-Nuptial) Agreements
  • Domestic Violence Protection Order Application
  • Children’s Parenting Orders
  • Child Support
  • Spousal Maintenance
  • Separation Advice
  • Children’s Contact Centre visitation
  • Mediation
  • Family Dispute Mediation
  • Grandchild visitation Orders
  • Overseas relocation
  • Passport application

Enquire About Family Law